HOT MUMMAS | self catering rules if you want to relax on a family holiday

10:53

So, it's definitely true then that holidays are going to be the exact opposite of relaxing from now on. At least they will be if my week in Wales is anything to go by.


Don't get me wrong, the holiday was a lot of fun but it was just completely tiring for both me and the husband. I look ten times more haggard than when we left. Despite a bit of a tan, the dark circles are definitely winning and I've developed a hideous boil on my chin.

The thing is that we stayed in hotels and B&Bs which threw off any semblance of routine for Lucy and us. Because we were all in one room, we couldn't take turns to lie-in while the other did the morning wake-up and breakfast shift. As soon as Lucy was awake we were both awake.

I've concluded that self-catering is the only way to go from now on. I know that this is a no-brainer with most families, but for some reason I genuinely thought that in a hotel we would feel nice and pampered!

A couple of products saved me from looking like complete crap though.

In the morning a dose of Superdrug's Naturally Radiant 2-in-1 moisturiser and serum made my face zing and woke me up a bit. Then a dash of Clinique Self Sun face tinted lotion helped me fake a glow :-)






And for a bit of a thrill (since those were few and far between!) my husband and I tried Original Source Black Mint shower gel for men. Well, men beware! Hubby said that his balls were on fire for some time after his shower :-D and I certainly got some icy cold tingles in sensitive areas. Definitely wakes you up in the morning!

RL xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums