COOL BUBBAS I Buying Gifts for New Baby

20:16

My friend has just given birth to a new baby, and I want to buy them something that doesn't cost the earth but will be a keepsake to commemorate their special new arrival.

Being a fairly new Mum myself (I have an 18 month old), I know the gifts that are nice or useful to receive and those that unfortunately get stuck at the back of the cupboard (it's the thought that counts!)

I don't have time to shop around and was pretty certain that if I went to Johnlewis.com I would find the perfect gift at a reasonable price.

It was actually hard to decide because there are so many beautiful choices but my top picks are as follows:

Vera Wang for Wedgewood Baby Music Box, £40

Although one of the most pricey of my selection, this gorgeous silver-plated heart-shaped box was my top choice, as it is so stunning and timeless, yet actually useful too (you just turn the key at the bottom to play a sweet lullaby). I actually bought one of these for my nieces too, and it is great to have engraved with a birth or christening date. (TOP TIP: John Lewis don't offer this service but you can get it done for a bargain price at Timpson's! Find you nearest store here: www.timpson.co.uk/locate). The design features a raised, engraved heart that contrasts with the smooth surface.This also comes gift boxed!!


John Lewis Birth Certificate Holder, Silver, £22

This silver plated birth certificate holder is another great choice at a resonable price, and again could be engraved. Also comes in a gift box.

John Lewis Silver Plated Piggy Bank, £22 

Another silver plated choice to allow for engraving and again at a lovely price! This is great to pop in all the gifts of money from friends and relatives, maybe to put in baby's trust fund (I still haven't done this!!).

New Baby Keepsake Box, White, £14.95

I never received one of these boxes so I created my own, but as a parent there are always bits you want to keep as memories so this is a perfect gift, again at a reasonable price. (John Lewis do another box with pre-labelled drawers but I found there are personal bits you will want to throw in so that wouldn't work for me, so this would be my preferred choice.)

John Lewis Baby Hamper, £100 



Not cheap, but if you are feeling generous, are buying for a special relation, or just got a bonus at work, then you could invest in this gorgeous baby hamper.

The beautifully presented hamper contains:
  • Large teddy bear with ribbon bow at the neck
  • Silver plated photograph frame with teddy design
  • Passport holder and luggage tag with embroidered details
  • Teddy bear dinner set including a mug, egg cup and spoon
  • Padded Baby's Room sign with bead and sequin details
  • Embroidered photo album in classic silver and white
All the items are presented in a beautiful gift box, trimmed with a smart ribbon tie and teddy gift tag, so you can add your own personalised message.

If I received one of these I would certainly be chuffed, wouldn't you? You can get one from the John Lewis website here.

John Lewis have various delivery options from standard delivery from £3 to next day from £6.95 and named day from £9.95, or you can collect in store. See www.johnlewis.com for more details.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The baby gifts is very nice thanks for sharing this blogs wedding and gods gifts on Indian Gift Shop Online | White Metal Products Online

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion with our mums