HOT MUMMAS I Natural Skincare- the Konjac Sponge

16:51

Konjac Natural Baby Sponge



The Konjac Baby Sponge is made only with 100% Konjac plant root mixed with volcanic spring water from the Island of Jeju, (Korea), so there are no chemical nasties. This is great for delicate baby skin, especially if sensitive or for eczema sufferers. A naturally moisture rich plant fibre, the net-like structure of the sponge gently massages skin leaving it clean and refreshed with no need for additional cleansers or soaps.


My first question was how green and natural are these?

Apparently the spring water is naturally filtered by the volcanic rocks, so is particularly mineral rich and very pure. The Konjac plant is from the potato family and grows native in Asia. The plant is also farmed for food; the root is ground down to make very fine food grade flour. For centuries this flour has been used to make noodles, as a thickening agent in foods, and in dietary supplements for its high fibre and vitamin content. To make the sponge, The Konjac Sponge Company mix the flour with the water, then ferment the flour, having poured the mixture into moulds. Once fermented, they steam and bake the sponges.

After use you just rinse sponge and hang to dry using the string attached. Due to the sponges being biodegradable they apparently begin to show wear and tear after 1-3 months so the drier they are kept between uses the better.

Also another great green and eco feature is that after use they are compostable!

I found this very soft and gentle on bubba's skin, although a little slippery to hold on to when she wriggles around to get away from me! I would definitely recommend this over an artifical or sea sponge any day.

There are various different types of sponge in addition to the Natural Sponge. The different clay sponges treat different skin problems with the added clay. I decided to use the bamboo charcoal one:

Konjac Bamboo Charcoal Sponge



I chose this one because it is meant to be good for oily skin prone to spots and outbreaks, so it's great for my hormonal pregnant skin.

The Bamboo Charcoal contains activated carbon and various minerals that enhance absorptive ability, perfect for removing excess oil. Bamboo Charcoal is also a natural antioxidant so it helps to fight acne-causing bacteria.

I have been using this for a week now and I really love it. It is gently exfoliating, and very soft, not like a sea sponge or synthetic sponge. My skin looks really glowing afterwards and feels lovely and soft.

Apparently you can use it to remove make-up but I prefer to remove mine then use this afterwards instead of facial wash.

This is a great natural, safe alternative to foaming cleansers and exfoliators for pregnant and/or breastfeeding mothers.

The Konjac Round Sponges are £6.99 and stocked in Harvey Nichols and Selfridges as well as www.konjacspongecompany.com 

CB

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love this little sponge! I bought mine hier: http://konjac-sponge.com/shop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this sponge. However, be aware of imitations and anonymous comments that suggest alternative shops! If it doesn't sat The Konjac Sponge Company on the packet, then its not one of the sponges being reviewed here! I know the company has "fakes" and "copies" galore. Please do be cautious where you buy! Only buy from a trusted known source, with genuine Konjac Sponge Company logo on it. Other sponges just don't offer the same quality, benefits or have the same standards for sale, there really is a big difference!

    Thanks,
    Mia xo
    teenagebeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product. It keeps my skin balanced.
    Homemade moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friends how are you hope you fine me also share with you some beauty tips hope you like. Ever notice how girls with heavy eye makeup and heavy lips can look overdone and a bit clownish? When it comes to making up your face, it's best to decide to play up either your eyes or your mouth, but never both. I'm not a huge fan of rules when it comes to beauty, but I pretty much always follow this one and I wish I knew this tip when I was a teen. If you wear a smokey eye, go for nude lips with just a bit of gloss. Prefer the drama of dark lipstick? Keep face light (stay away from heavy blush) and wear only mascara on your eyes and a light eyeshadow. Don't heavily line your eyes. Play up both and you'll look like a clown. And never, ever line lips in a darker color than your gloss or lipstick. Thanks.
    skin care

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion with our mums