NEW MUMMAS I 5 Things Nobody Tells You About Pregnancy

09:35


OK, so you're pregnant and waiting for that pregnancy glow. You know there's a good chance you'll get morning sickness, followed by a bump, followed by cankles.

But what about those things nobody tells you...

1. Zit Face

I swear before I even found out I was pregnant, I erupted in the worst zits of my life! Proper big, smack in the middle of your eyebrows spots. Spots you know you mustn't squeeze, but you do...and make it ten times worse!

The moral of the story- good face cleansing routine (check out my Soap & Glory post) and willpower to leave well alone!

 

2. Saucer Nipples

Yep, that's right, as well as the added bonus of suddenly getting a killer cleavage, sadly these come with spaceship size nipples, and one's that hurt just when you put your dressing gown on too quick!

3. Trapped Wind

I remember this from pregnancy number two, but I swear it's worse this time. I've gone from having a normalish flat tummy in the morning, to looking like Veruca Salt by dinner time- all blown up full of air, so much that it hurts and like I need to stick a pin in me to get rid of the air (don't try this at home!).

Remedy- Rennie Deflatine are the most important thing in my handbag alongside my purse and phone. Peppermint tea also seems to help (and is caffeine free so sin free!)

 
My beat the bloat saviour. Available from all supermarkets (thank goodness)


 

4. Slick Rick

I used to be a 2-3 times a week hair washing girl, but within about 6 weeks of pregnancy this was a no-no. Even tying it back, wouldn't disguise the fact my hair needed washing.

Sadly there's no miracle cure apart from washing it daily or good old dry shampoo.

 
Dry shampoo, perfect for those rushed days when you just don't have time!


5. Hairy Mary

Its a well known fact that your hair and nails grow more during pregnancy...however, you would just imagine suddenly having lovely luscious flowing locks, not legs that get hairy within the space of a day. And then there's linea nigra, which is the line that lots of women get in pregnancy. I've had this in both pregnancies and pretty sure it's starting to appear again with number 3.

 

 

Of course all of these things we forgive in a hearbeat when we get to see our meet our little bubba.

FJ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums