HOT MUMMAS | Max Factor FaceFinity - does it live up to the hype?

21:01

The other day I saw the ad for Max Factor's FaceFinity All Day Flawless 3-in-1 foundation which made big claims about being this amazing wonder product that so many women are endorsing.  Now, I've been taken in by these sorts of ads before and been disappointed, but in the interests of beauty journalism I thought I should give it a go.

Luckily I had just run out of my favourite foundation L'Oreal Lumi Magique, so I went out and bought some to try.

The thing I've always found with long-wear foundation is that it's not nice to put on and it dries super quickly so that if you don't spread it out in time it can look patchy. That could be my technique admittedly, but I've always thought you shouldn't need to be a professional make-up artist to use foundation!

This one was slightly like that but not too bad and I managed to get even coverage. The range of tones is good and I found a pretty good match for my skin. And I did like the result, my skin looked great and quite fresh.

To test the 24hr thing, I took photos of myself wearing the foundation at 7am, 7pm, midnight and 7am again.

First, here's one of me without make-up. Blotchy skin - check!














And with the foundation ...

Freshly laid foundation at 7am
7pm After a day at the office
Midnight after some strenuous
tv watching


7am after a semi-good
night's sleep


These photos are all slightly different lighting but you can see that it did last pretty well, if not perfectly. Even after a night on the pillow I still noticed a significant difference when I removed it and no tell-tale stains on the pillowcase.
 
All in all I'd say that Max Factor have done a good job with this one - it more or less does what it says on the tin and is a good transition foundation for spring.
 
RL xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums