HOT MUMMAS | Lipstick alternatives for the working mum

23:32

I don't know how any of you feel but for daytime make-up I often feel like lipstick is a bit too much. Yet equally for work I still want an injection of colour on my face to combat looking tired and washed out, as well as to look more professional in meetings.

I did a bit of scouting in the shops and there are quite a few lip stains available as well as some coloured lip balms.  So I picked a selection and tried them out.

Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish with spf15 in Pink Cadillac £4.49
















I think Sleek is a new range of make-up and I came across it in Superdrug. The colour looks really bright in the jar but it's actually really subtle on the lips so if you buy this I would definitely go for the brighter colours. It goes on like a bit of a cross between lip balm and lip gloss so you end up with a glossy but not sticky finish. It smells a little weird, kind of like coco and on inspection of the ingredients it has shea butter, almond oil and avocado oil in it which is nice. It's a bit expensive for an unknown brand but I really like it so would definitely buy it again.

BarryM Lip Lacquer Crayon in No.3 £4.99
















I'll be honest, I'm not overly keen on this one. It's a pencil lip colour but even though it goes on nicely - you can layer to create the depth of colour you need - it feels dry and sticky on the lips. It's also a bit too sparkly, great for a younger market or maybe on a night out but not right for work.  It's also expensive at £4.99 for what it is.
It hasn't helped that the woman in the shop diddled me. I had picked up a tester version of the cherry colour so the lady behind the counter went to get another one but she picked up the orange colour instead.

Collection 2000 Colour Pout Lip Stain in Pout 5, £3.99
















This pretty much does what it says on the tin. It's like colouring in your lips with a felt-tip pen. Although this means that you do get that coverage and the colour stays put, it also means that there is only one colour level and that's full on.  So if I bought this again I would be inclined to go for a more subtle colour.



Lush It Started With a Kiss lip tint, £5.75













You have to put lip balm on before using this lip tint as it's a bit dry on its own. But the colour is good as you can dab it on so it's a nice pink or build it up to its full red glory. Good for taking to work and for a touch up before after-work drinks!

RL xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums