BABY VS MUMMA | Banish dry skin and mild eczema in days with Oilatum

13:37

A while back I noticed that the skin on Lucy's tummy, sides and lower back was getting rough. I tried loads of different types of moisturiser and switched baby wash and shampoo numerous times to no avail. No matter how much moisturiser I slathered on, or even Vaseline, it just seemed to be a constant.

I could tell it was irritating her, so eventually I visited the chemist. I don't think it was real eczema but it could certainly have been a mild version, so I thought I'd look for some front of counter options first before asking for the hardcore stuff.

And as luck would have it, the first one I tried worked wonders.  I bought Oilatum Junior Bath Additive and also the Oilatum Junior Cream.



















You put a couple of capfuls of the bath additive in the bath water and then rub the cream on afterwards. After just three days of bathing with the additive, Lucy's skin was lovely and baby soft again.  I continued using it for about a week, and then thought I'd see how we got on with just the cream, and she's been fine ever since.  I put some additive in the bath once every couple of weeks just for a top up, but I don't even know if I need to.

I'm over the moon.  And as a bonus, I had a bath with Lucy a couple of times during that period, and noticed my own skin felt lovely and soft afterwards. So I might just keep some on hand for those rare times when I get to have a nice hot bath on my own :-)

You can buy these products and the full range of Oilatum products at Boots:
Oilatum Junior Bath Additive - £3.92 for 150ml
Oilatum Junior Cream - £6.49 for 150g

While looking for pictures I came across a few other skincare products made by Oilatum, including a Natural Repair Face Cream which from the reviews sounds like it works great for dry faces.

RL x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums