HIP MUMMAS | Taking my back to work wardrobe inspiration from the ladies of TV show 'Suits'

11:41


One of my favourite TV shows right now is 'Suits' and since I'll be heading back to work in a few weeks, I'm taking inspiration from the ladies on the show for my back-to-work wardrobe.

While my company isn't quite as corporate as Pearson Hardman, I love the tailored, sexy and feminine look of the outfits the female characters wear on the show. I'll be looking out for a few key pieces along these lines to keep me from looking mumsy at work.

Here's my rundown of the Suits workwear style.

Jessica Pearson - Managing Partner
Jessica's wardrobe is uber tailored, super sexy power dressing. Slim fitting dresses and skirt suits are the order of the day with ruching in key places to leave something to the imagination. Gina Torres who plays the character has an amazing figure so some of these will be hard to pull off.

 





Rachel Zane, Paralegal
Rachel has a less high profile job in the firm and as such her style is smart and sexy but with a more relaxed vibe. She mostly goes with separates - pencil skirts and sweaters or fitted shirts.

 



Donna Paulsen, Executive Assistant to Harvey Specter
Donna's style is super-feminine - she wears mainly dresses that flatter her figure. Sadly The Google hasn't produced any decent images of Donna's outfits (possibly because she sits behind her desk a lot) so I have only one example to show here. I strongly suggest you watch the show if you want to see the full range!




















Since I don't have a TV budget to buy my clothes, this is the type of thing I'll be going for. I particularly love the V-neck fitted dress and the flower print dress from Debenhams - super sexy - and they'd look great with the ASOS jacket. Just add a pair of killer heels for added height and glam!

Damsel in a dress
Debenhams.com
Wallis floral jersey dress
Debenhams.com


PLANET ruffle front dress
Debenhams
Definitions 2-in-1 dress
Very.co.uk


Black roll-sleeve blazer - ASOS.com
Check blazer - ASOS.com


Black leather look pencil skirt
DorothyPerkins
Blue tube pencil skirt
DorothyPerkins.com


Printed sleeveless shirt
Very.co.uk
Classic white shirt
Next.co.uk

RL xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums