BABY VS MUMMA I Thea Skincare for Mum and Baby

21:12

Thea Skincare won a 'Green Parent Natural Beauty Award' in 2013, as well as a Gold Award for a face care product in the 2013 'Freefrom Skincare Awards': so I thought I would give it a try, since I am currently vegan and pregnant/breastfeeding, thus avoiding (where I can) products containing chemicals. They also support the Cruelty Free Campaign against animal testing, a big bonus point.

There is a range of natural products for both Mum and Baby, see here for details. I decided to try the following all-purpose cream (a useful feature for saving the pennies):


Organic Coconut and Lavender Top to Toe Baby Soothing Lotion (£7.95 for 200ml)


This lotion is so natural you can use it all over a newborn, as well as yourself. It is sulphate and paraben free, vegan and is 78% Organic. Ingredients include Aloe Juice, Lavender, Chamomile, Orange Blossom, Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil, all extremely nourishing. It claims to be perfect for healing nappy rash.

I found it more like a light cream than a lotion due to it's viscosity, but it wasn't heavy despite the oil content. It absorbed easily with no residue. Also it didn't have a strong scent just a light pleasant one. I would definitely use this on myself and bubba as a body lotion. However, I think that nappy rash requires something a bit more medicated personally, because it didn't help with my bubba's botty, which happens to be sore at the moment due to this sweaty hot weather! I also feel that my face needs something a bit more targeted than an all-purpose, due to my combination ageing skin (I'm 37 now!).

It is nice though to use something on the body that really works, but truly has no nasties in it. It is also reasonably priced, because a little goes quite a long way.

See Theaskincare.com for more details.

CB

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums